(530) 378-4491 - Trudynickens@me.com or visit our Facebook Page Here
THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT SOME ONE MISSING! ALL CALIFORNIA POLICE & SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENTS MUST ACCEPT A REPORT, INCLUDING A REPORT BY TELEPHONE, OF ANY MISSING PERSON, INCLUDING RUNAWAYS, WITHOUT DELAY AND GIVE PRIORITY TO HANDLING OF THE REPORT.
IN CALIFORNIA, A MISSING PERSON IS SOMEONE WHOSE WHEREABOUTS ARE UNKNOWN TO THE REPORTING PARTY. THIS INCLUDES ANY CHILD WHO MAY HAVE RUN AWAY, BEEN TAKEN INVOLUNTARY OR BE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE. IT INCLUDES A CHILD ILLEGALLY TAKEN, HELD OR HIDDEN BY A PARENT OR NON PARENT FAMILY MEMBER. ( SEE CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE SECTION 277-280)
1. Contact local law enforcement .( Some law enforcement are reluctant to take a report of missing adult. Stress that you are not trying to controller your child's life but You Are Truly Concerned For His or Her Safety.)
2. Write down the name of the officer who takes the report as well as the badge number,telephone number and the police report number.
3. Find out from the officer who will follow up on the initial investigation.
4. Keep a notebook and record all information on the investigation.
5. Be sure to ask if your child has been entered into the NCIC (National Crime information Computer).
6. Make sure fingerprints and dental records are available to the police.
7. If there are medical or emotional concerns, make sure they are clearly stated when filling a report.
8. If a vehicle was involved make sure the license plate is also entered in the NCIC.
9. Most often with an adult child missing, the families do the majority of the searching.
10. Have law enforcement flag bank accounts bank cards or credit cards.
THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED CHILDREN 1 (800) THE -LOST
(1 (800) 843-5678) www..missingkids..com
LETS BRING THEM HOME (NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING ADULTS) www.lbth.org
NATIONAL CRIME INFORMATION CENTER (NCIC) www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ncic
Information is entered by law enforcement, this is an information page.
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE www.oag.ca.gov/missing